Thursday, January 14, 2010

Communication challenges

We are still not able to make contact into Haiti. We are hopeful that we will be able to make contact soon as there are reports of possible communication repairs soon. It is very difficult to watch and listen to the tragedy that continues to unfold in Haiti. We are grateful for the help that is moving in and hope that the obstacles can be minimized to get help to our brothers and sisters in need. Thanks to all of you have that have extended your voices of concern...it brings great comfort to us.

I stood in front of the sink this morning to wash the dishes and I was reminded of the things that I take for granted every day...running clean water, a refrigerator filled with nutrition for my belly, clean clothes, shelter. Once again my life changing experiences in the Dominican Republic and Haiti keep me humble and grateful. Robert is doing as well as can be expected, yearning to know that his family and friends are okay. He always amazes me with his perspective and the wisdom that life has given him.

May we not forget Haiti as the days roll on. This tragedy will have long standing effects in our beloved Haiti.

Nawe pita,

Charlotte and Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment